Teaching & Learning
- meet the needs and aspirations of all students
- ensure all students can successfully access the curriculum offer, making any reasonable adjustments required where particular needs are identified
- recognise high achieving students and ensure they are given opportunities to stretch and challenge their learning
- plan opportunities for students to develop their personal potential
- establish an agreed range of policies and practices to guarantee a consistent approach towards learning and teaching in every classroom
- involve all staff in developing and improving the quality of learning and teaching
- provide all staff with developmental opportunities to extend and enhance their range of teaching and repertoires
- develop staff to deliver skills beyond their own subject specialism and incorporate cross curricular initiatives, in particular Literacy, Numeracy, ICT.
- identify students’ achievements and areas for improvement, through rigorous monitoring of progress and to plan appropriate interventions to enhance learning
- realise the entitlements for Learners, Teachers and Curriculum as promoted by the Harris Federation’s Student Learning Commission.
The suite of policies below provide further details on how the academy supports the aims outlined above.