Ofsted and performance tables
Harris Invictus Academy Croydon once again rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
We are thrilled to announce that, following their inspection of our academy last month, Ofsted has judged that Harris Invictus Academy Croydon continues to be an ‘outstanding’ school.
It is hugely gratifying to see the efforts of our students and staff recognised in this way; given that, since we were last inspected, Ofsted has updated its inspection standards and made it harder to achieve an ‘outstanding’ rating, the result is even more impressive.
The exemplary report is a testament to the hard work and dedication of students, staff and families, who all share the same ethos and ambition for the academy. Indeed, the report highlights that pupils and teachers alike describe us as ‘being like a family’.
To read the report in full visit the Ofsted page by clicking here.
Performance tables click here
However, you can see some of the highlights from the new report below:
- “Pupils, teachers and leaders appreciate and celebrate the diversity of their community. They described the school as being like a family.”
On the excellent standard of teaching and learning:
- “The curriculum is highly ambitious for all pupils at the school, including for those in the sixth form.”
- “The learning of all pupils, including those with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND), is supported and extended by the demanding curriculum.”
On the extensive range of opportunities available to our students:
- “Leaders ensure that there are plentiful extra-curricular and leadership activities on offer. All pupils are proud to fundraise for charity.”
- “From Year 7, leaders ensure that all pupils have meaningful encounters with employers.”
On our dedicated team of staff:
- “Leaders, including governors, are unrelenting in ensuring that pupils at this school get the very best opportunities for success.”
- “Leaders and teachers have high expectations of all pupils. This helps to ensure that pupils have these for themselves.”
On our students’ attitudes and behaviour:
- “Pupils show excellent attitudes in lessons. They readily offer their answers to questions posed by teachers and ask for further clarification when needed.”
- “Leaders have high expectations of behaviour. Teachers and pupils understand these and the behaviour system. This leads to calm and appropriate behaviour throughout the school.”