Vision and Ethos
Welcome to Harris Invictus Academy Croydon, one of the 10 campuses that make up the Harris Federation’s Sixth Form.
Our sixth form opened in September 2019 and relaunched with a broader range of subjects and pathways in September 2021.
At Harris Invictus we are committed to nurturing the next generation of leaders, who have successfully developed a strong sense of independence, increased resilience, and a passion for learning.
With learning across a number of academic pathways, such as the sciences and social sciences, as well as vocational pathways in Sport or Business, our students are provided with the academia, skills and confidence to prepare them for life in the 21st century.
Our students are excellent academy ambassadors, taking up positions in student leadership, and have built relationships with the wider community in which they are a part of. Past students have gone on up to take on apprenticeships at BMW, and degrees in Biomedical sciences and Computer Science amongst others.
Building independent, passionate, forward-thinking and knowledgeable learners, who are successful Academy Leaders
- Independent learners – resilient students with the ability to problem solve
- Passionate and enthusiastic – about their subjects and areas of learning
- Forward thinking learners - who are keen to take on opportunities to better themselves and their learning
- Confident writers and orators - despite their area of study they are able to write and speak fluently and eloquently
- Academy leaders – successful role models who the younger students can learn from
Our ethos is grounded in the best traditions of hard work, good manners, smart uniform and academic achievement.
Our ethos aims to provide the following for all students:
- High expectations – having high standards across all areas of learning, for all students to prepare them for their next steps
- Warmth & encouragement – even our oldest students need to know and be reminded that we care about them
- Setting routines – reminding students of the academy expectations of attendance, punctuality and work ethic
- Relationship building – we should be the first port of call for our students, no matter the situation work
- Strong communication – keeping the lines of communication open with students, teachers and parents or carers