Posted on December 15th 2020
Jack Petchey Award winners
The Jack Petchey Achievement Award Scheme was set up by Sir Jack Petchey himself to reward and recognise the positive contributions and achievements of young people in society. Harris Invictus Academy is enrolled in the gold scheme which allows us to award a number of outstanding young achievers who have excelled in certain areas such as an amazing piece of work, being a good role model or even overcoming a personal challenge of some kind.
In essence, a student who displays the Invictus core values that deserves to be recognised. Nominations are put forward by HIAC staff members and each winner is awarded a £250 grant to spend on the school/department in some way. Previous winners have used the grant to buy visualisers, clickers and fun school EOTC trips. In February 2021, all winners will attend a virtual award night where they will be recognised online for their contributions and will receive medallions closer to the time. We also recognise Jack Petchey winners on the ground floor display board corridor for all students to see and aspire towards!
2020 has been a difficult year for many but it has certainly not stopped HIAC students from excelling. A huge congratulations to the following students for being nominated as a Jack Petchey award winner in the most recent grant report (May-November 2020). These students have decided to pool their grant fund together in order to purchase Outdoor Table Tennis Tables for break/lunch times.
- Dante has a bubbly personality that really shines through in all of his subjects. He is particularly passionate for sport and is excelling in Table Tennis where he is a role model to his peers. Dante is the first to lend a hand if his teachers need help.
- Princess is a brilliant student who consistently works hard in all subjects and strives for personal excellence. She models exemplary behaviour and has made an exceptional start to her GCSE course subjects.
- Lemario is an outstanding leader and role model to his peers. A promising young basketball player who applies himself across all his school life.
- Zahra embodies the Invictus school values. She is a prefect student who is incredibly hardworking and relentless in her pursuit of success.
- Latifa has made amazing progress across all subjects. A natural leader who is polite and diligent in everything he does. Always the first to put her hand up to help others.
- Ore was nominated for his wider contribution to the school which involves him being a prefect, school basketball captain, referee, and amazing role model to his peers.