Uniform - Upholding high expectations at Invictus
We hope you and your family have had a lovely summer holiday. We look forward to seeing your child (Year 7s) on Wednesday 4th and Years 7-11 on Thursday 5th September for the new academic year. Please can you ensure that you help your child to prepare for the new year and be ready to learn here at Harris Invictus. In order to support this, it is vital that they have:
1. Equipment for their lessons. This will include their 6 a day which is a pencil case containing black or blue pens, pencils, rubber, ruler and a scientific calculator. Scissors, glues, colouring pencils and other maths equipment e.g. protractors and compasses are also preferable.
2. PE kit which will include a Purple Harris Invictus Academy Croydon polo shirt, black shorts, white socks, black or white training shoes (laced).
3. The above items should be carried in an appropriate bag. If students are in year 7-11 this should be the Harris Invictus logo bag which can be purchased from Hewitts.
4. Please click on the attached link for our uniform page https://bit.ly/2kqCReq
5. Artificial nails, nail polish and artificial eyelashes are not allowed. Neither is extreme hair colouring, highlights or lowlights; unnatural hair colours are not allowed. No facial piercings. Small gold or silver studs are allowed in each ear, no stones are permitted. Patterning in hair and eyebrows is also not permitted.
Please can all parents/carers ensure these expectations are met as failure to do so will result in the behaviour for learning policy being followed and for most infringements this will result in parents being contacted on the first day and students being sent home to sort out the issue. This will obviously have an impact on your child’s learning on the first day of term, however this can be easily mitigated by you ensuring they have been appropriately prepared.
If you have any problems, please contact the Academy on 0203 371 3002, so that we can support in remedying the issues.
We look forward to seeing all of the Invictus children very soon.
Ms L. Dixon