Help and support for students
All your teachers and the leadership team understand how challenging these times are for you and your families. We have created this section to keep you in the loop with things at the Academy and to offer some additional sources of help and support.
As you know we did start with using Sharepoint while Teams was being created. We’ve moved forwards and everything is now being delivered through Teams. There are now live lessons and assignments being set within your classes.
Studies show that you can be more productive and learn more at home if you:
- develop a dedicated study area
- create a schedule for your school week
- talk to your family about what you are doing in your work - by explaining it to them this consolidates your own understanding
- put breaks and lunch time into your schedule and reward yourself for working hard.
- use a timer to help signify how much time you have left for your studies until your next break
- remain positive and remember to socialise with your friends and family, for example, Skype and facetime.
- contact your teachers via email if you get stuck with any of your work
Please note that assemblies will be at 8.30am on a Monday morning. All live lessons will start at 9.00am in the morning. However, all live lessons are also recorded so you can go back and see them later, but obviously you won’t be able to join in the live Q+A sessions. Faculty Assemblies will be on a Thursday morning at 8.30am and tutor time will be on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday each week at 8.30am. Please use the online schedule to create your own timetable for the week. Our current plans are that after May half-term the school day will start formally virtually at 8.30 am for all students! Enjoy.
The Harris Invictus Academy Support email
We have created a bespoke email for parents and students to use during the crisis. It is:
We will prioritise dealing with any concerns in relation to our vulnerable group of students, but we have a team of staff who will monitor and check any information coming into the email.
Please remember we are all still here for you so you can still contact us by emailing your tutor, your class teacher if its subject specific or your DOL. So, there are lots of people here for you, you are not alone. So please reach out if you need help!
Other sources of support and guidance
If you click here you will be taken to our online help book. Read pages 9 and 10 in particular, this will give you all sorts of places that you can go to for help and support, for example, Young Minds and Child line.
Link: Student guide for working from home using Microsoft Teams: https://bit.ly/2SJ0oVS