Help and support for students
All your teachers and the leadership team understand how challenging these times are for you and your families. We have created this section to keep you in the loop with things at the Academy and to offer some additional sources of help and support.
As you all our learning is now delivered through Teams. There are live lessons and assignments being set within your classes.
Studies show that you can be more productive and learn more at home if you:
- develop a dedicated study area
- create a schedule for your school week
- talk to your family about what you are doing in your work - by explaining it to them this consolidates your own understanding
- put breaks and lunch time into your schedule and reward yourself for working hard.
- use a timer to help signify how much time you have left for your studies until your next break
- remain positive and remember to socialise with your friends and family, for example, Skype and facetime.
- contact your teachers via email if you get stuck with any of your work
You will follow your normal Academy timetables for lessons. We will monitor your attendance and will catch up with you if you haven’t attended just to check there are no problems.
Assemblies will be at tutor time on Mondays; these will be focussed on well-being activities, and there will be a follow up task.
Tutor time is at the normal time and will be used by tutors to give out key messages as well as to contact you individually for a wellbeing conversation.
The Harris Invictus Academy Support email
We have created a bespoke email for parents and students to use during the crisis. It is:
We will prioritise dealing with any concerns in relation to our vulnerable group of students, but we have a team of staff who will monitor and check any information coming into the email.
Please remember we are all still here for you so you can still contact us by emailing your tutor, your class teacher if its subject specific or your Assistant Principal. So, there are lots of people here for you, you are not alone. So please reach out if you need help!
Other sources of support and guidance
If you click here you will be taken to our remote help book. Read pages 9 and 10 in particular, this will give you all sorts of places that you can go to for help and support, for example, Young Minds and Child line.