Welcome back to the Harris Invictus family
Dear Parents and Carers
Welcome back to the Harris Invictus family.
I was delighted to see all of the students return to Harris Invictus this week ready for a brand new academic year. I am looking forward to a productive term for all our students. Your children have returned to the Academy smart and have a desire to learn. Year 7 have settled in very well this week and bring a further burst of joy to the Academy.
Keeping our children safe after Academy hours.
To keep our children safe after Academy hours, please can you support the Academy by encouraging your children to do the following;
• After leaving the Academy premises all students to return home and avoid congregating within the centre of Croydon.
• Remind your children to keep their mobile phones in their bags, rather than carrying them around visibly in their hands.
• Reinforcing the importance of road safety with your child is also crucial. The specific risks related to our local area, that we would appreciate you discussing with your child are:
- Using a phone when close to the edge of the pavement or crossing a road.
- Choosing to not cross at the traffic lights directly outside of our Academy
- Choosing not to use the Pedestrian crossings
- Listening to music with earphones whilst walking to and from the Academy
- Crossing between parked vehicles.
- Running across the road to catch a bus or meet a friend.
- Standing in a group of friends by the edge of the road, with backs to the road.
- Straying into the road by the bus stops.
As always with your support, we will endeavour to look after all of our Harris Invictus students, to the best of our ability.
I look forward to seeing you all soon and to celebrate the success of all our Invictus students.
Ms C. Bergin