Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Posted on November 8th 2016
'Outstanding' First Ofsted Report!
Harris Invictus Academy has been rated ‘outstanding’ in every category following our first ever Ofsted inspection.
We are only the seventh secondary free school in London to be rated ‘outstanding’.
The Ofsted report praised our academy’s staff, students and atmosphere. Inspectors said:
- “The quality of teaching has a very strong impact on pupils’ achievements. High expectations, well-structured learning and the effective use of good resources mean that pupils receive high quality lessons.”
- “Senior leaders, governors and the Federation are aspirational for the school and its pupils.”
- “Pupils are extremely well turned out and have first-rate manners. They are very proud of their school and of their achievements.”
- “The teaching of numeracy and literacy is very effective. In all classrooms, literacy has a very strong presence with the week’s literacy target displayed prominently.”
- “The school is a vibrant place in which all pupils are enabled to achieve their potential.”
Carol-Anne Alcock, Executive Principal, said:
“This report recognises the determination and positivity that is so crucial to our work at Harris Invictus Academy. I must pay tribute to the hard work of our staff and students who have achieved all of this in temporary accommodation. I know that moving into our new facilities next September will give us a further boost as we continue to grow year on year.”